At Soul Aesthetics, stress is unavoidable, but it doesn’t have to be all bad. By understanding what happens when your body and mind experience stress and taking steps to combat the effects, you can minimize its impact on your face.
When you feel stressed, your body releases cortisol and other hormones, which can cause inflammation in the skin. Depending on your skin type, this inflammation can lead to breakouts, dryness, or wrinkles. Additionally, when we feel overwhelmed, our eyes show signs of fatigue, such as puffiness or dark circles.
Fortunately, there are ways to counteract these effects by incorporating certain practices into your daily routine:
1) Practice mindful breathing: Taking a few minutes to focus on your breathing can help to reduce stress hormones and keep inflammation at bay.
2) Regular exercise: Physical exercise has been shown to positively affect mental health, which in turn can benefit the skin.
3) Get enough sleep: Poor sleeping habits can increase cortisol levels, which is terrible for the skin. Aim for 8 hours of quality sleep per night.
4) Eat a balanced diet: Eating nutrient-rich foods provides the body with all the necessary vitamins and minerals to stay healthy and fight inflammation.
5) Use face masks/treatments: Try calming face masks or treatments designed explicitly for stressed-out skin.
6) Avoid harsh beauty products: Harsh beauty products can further irritate the skin, so it’s best to stick with natural, gentle formulas that are free from harsh chemicals.
7) Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water helps keep the skin hydrated and flushes out toxins that can lead to breakouts.
At Soul Aesthetics, we are dedicated to helping you look and feel your best – even during times of high stress. Our experienced team is ready to discuss the right combination of lifestyle changes and aesthetic treatments that will work for your individual needs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you combat the effects of stress on your face! 918.779.7590